BE HUNTED, starting in September 2014 will narrow its focus to 3 grid-wide hunts a year. Limiting our focus will allow for more planning time, bigger promotions & more outreach to upcoming merchants. BE HUNTED focusing its attention to expanding its reach will hopefully result in bigger & better hunts. If time permits one or two mini hunts with a max of 10 merchants will go on the calendar . Hunts for a cause (ex. Relay for Life SL) however, will always get BE HUNTED’s full attention & top priority! Charity is good for the soul and BE HUNTED believes in doing its part. Grid-wide hunts will take place in the months of January, May & September. Hunts will run for a longer periods, giving hunters more opportunity to explore.
BE HUNTED’s September event will be the “Fill In the Blanks” hunt. Applications are available Inworld & Online
THEME: Fill In the Blank
Upon acceptance, each merchant will receive a “fill in the blank” & will be required to make an item w/ respect to their “blanks” For example “Your favorite music artist is_____.” The merchant’s item should fill in the blank. Let’s say this answer is COLD PLAY, the merchant’s item could be a tee shirt with a picture of Cold Play. Are you with me? Lets try another fill in for good measure; “If you were a nail polish you would be ________ & _______.” Say the “blanks” are Green & Shimmery, then the merchant is to make an item that is Green & shimmery. Got it? Good!!
Each merchant will receive his or her own “fill in the blank” if the merchant list is extensive, some “fill ins” will be doubled. “Fill in the blanks” will NOT tell a merchant what to make or what color/texture/patterns a merchant should use. Merchants will have full rights to choose what he or she makes. All items are welcomed from home goods to poses!
Hunt items should…
- be BRAND NEW!! (there is more than enough time to create)
- NOT be items in other hunts, freebies or give-a-way events
- fit the fill in answers you, the merchant will provide me!
- be creative & stretch the imagination, people enjoy different
– reflect the quality of your work & store
This is about you! Put some thought & time into your creations.
Polka Dots, Stripes, Swirly things oh my!
- Choose a pattern, any pattern you like, any color you like and run with it
– What is a pattern you ask – a repeated decorative design
– Stripes, Dots & Swirlies are just examples. Be creative!
Each merchant is to make 2 gifts, one that will be solely for RFL Charity & the other for personal profit. The RFL item will be for $3L with ALL profits going to the American Cancer Society. The “Me” item will be for $1L with the profit going to you, the merchant.
- Items must fit the theme
– Gifts may be items already made but texture/color must be exclusive to hunt!
– Gifts can be all male, all female, all unisex or a combination
Example: The RFL gift can be male & the “Me” gift, female…etc
– Gifts should not be items used in other hunts, give-a-ways or freebie events
Remember this about you & your business. Cheat a hunter/shopper & they will not return
For application IM Earth Nirvana or visit [Earth's] to pick one up